Thursday, October 22, 2015

Body Language and Ego

Quick observation. I was listening in on our weekly webinar as a participant while sitting in a colleague's office. There was a TV there broadcasting the Clinton testimony to the Select Committee on Benghazi sitting right in front of me. I had my headset on listening to the webinar, so all I could do was watch the body language of Hilary Clinton. Now, I should probably mention that I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a registered Independent in the state of New Hampshire so this is not a statement on Clinton's politics or conduct in Benghazi. It's a statement on her behavior today.

Her body language sent such strong messages -
"This is a ridiculous exercise you're making me go through."
"You have no idea how boring this is to me right now."
"I don't have time for this."
"You people are all idiots."

Honestly, watch the replay with the sound off. Ms.Clinton, along with all of us, must realize how powerful and disrespectful the messages we send non-verbally can be. Regardless of how justified you feel your position or actions are, you must treat others and their process in a serious matter with respect instead of ego. Pay attention, you're saying volumes.

No comments: