Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Month in a Minute

Left: Pamela and Mike Bojanski, Top Right: Denise White, Me, and Dave Rawlings, Bottom Right: Me with my amazing group at SUNY

I am in a slight depression with the passing of August and the last official month of summer. We have had a beautiful summer in NH, perhaps a peace offering from mother nature after she tortured us last winter. This year it will be especially hard to embrace the cooler days of fall that are around the corner. We, at Penumbra, have also had a typically slow travel month, with most employees on vacation and not many corporate events scheduled. I did however make it to Hot Springs, VA to discuss the leadership applications of emotional intelligence with the great people at Coordinated Services Management, a senior living provider with 23 communities in the DC/Virginia market. And, Pamela also attended the Nebraska State SHRM Conference in Omaha.

I am a typical business owner with a short attention span combined with being a travel junkie so slower periods of time like this make me antsy to get back to work. But, when I am forced to slow down, I am reminded that it’s also a great time to recharge, spend time with my kids while they are home, organize my dreadful office, work in my garden, and focus on some strategic goals. I hope you have had some time this summer to relax and enjoy this most wonderful time of the year too.

I would love to see you at these upcoming events!

Friday, Sept 4th in Dallas TX – First Friday Book Synopsis
Thursday, Sept 17th at 1pm ET – Ego vs EQ Free Intro Webinar
Wednesday, Sept 23rd in Newport Beach CA – PIHRA Chapter Meeting
Thursday, Sept 24th in Charlotte NC – NC SHRM State Conference
Thursday, Sept 24th at 1pm ET – Ego vs EQ Webinar, Ignoring Feedback

No comments: