Tuesday, March 18, 2014

High Point University - Emotional Intelligence in Higher Ed

Can a university have EQ? I am pretty sure I have seen it in action. I was fortunate enough to be invited to speak at High Point University in Greensboro NC last week to the graduating seniors about EQ. It was part of a Senior Seminar class led by the impressive and passionate HPU President, Dr. Nido Qubein, who invites guest speakers to share relevant, practical content to their students; who will undoubtedly be future leaders in business, charities, families and politics. I spent the entire day and evening on campus and was impressed with the degree of maturity, politeness and professionalism of the students, faculty and staff. I observed students being treated like customers, something I have never seen before. Keep your eye on these kids folks, I would start recruiting via internships. That's what I did and have a wonderful new HPU grad starting with us at Penumbra Group in May!

Jen Shirkani and Chris Dudley, HPU Chief of Staff

Afternoon open-to-the-public session, standing room only


No comments: