Monday, June 17, 2013

Going to Houston? Stay at the Hilton North

Last Thursday, I worked all day in Boston, led a program and then participated in meetings. I flew that afternoon out of Logan to Houston, not arriving until 9:30pm. It was a long day and I was tired and hungry but the options at the Houston airport meant a bottle of water and a bag of chips for dinner.

I arrived at the Hilton North around 10pm and was greeted warmly by four staff members waiting at the front door. One of them was Manny Adarkwa, a chef in the hotel restaurant. He immediately grabbed my suitcase (50 pounds heavy - yes, lot's of shoes), waited for me to check in and assisted me to my room. I wondered how he could possibly know how much I needed a helping hand after such a long day. I sincerely thanked him and wished him a wonderful evening. He then made my night, returning shortly with a plate of fruit, cheese and crackers. I never mentioned that I missed dinner, he just knew somehow. I was supremely impressed with the level of guest service and genuine hospitality. I stay in a lot of hotels and this one is a rare gem.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/texas/hilton-houston-north-HOUGPHF/index.html

No comments: