Wednesday, April 3, 2013

ABC’s in Wine and Technology


Last week I spent time out visiting clients on the West Coast. Two different people on two different days used the term “ABC”. The first was an employee at a winery where I was facilitating a day of teambuilding. After our day’s session, I was lucky enough to get to do a wine tasting. He asked me what type of whites I liked and I said, Pinot Gris and Sauvignon Blanc. He said he had a lot of people come in the tasting room who were “ABC” drinkers. What’s that? I asked. He said, “Anything But Chardonnay”.
The next day I was doing a coaching session with an executive in a technology company and I asked him what his strategy was for approaching his upcoming appraisal and he said, “I always follow the ABC method”. I almost said, “Anything But Chardonnay?” but instead looked at him quizzingly. He smiled and said, “Always Be Closing.”

Both of those ABC’s work well I think.

No comments: