Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Trust

I had a meeting in Framingham MA this afternoon, approximately 70 miles from my house. On the way, I drove through this enormous electrical storm. I was driving in a pack of about 15 cars on a major freeway and the rain became so blinding, at times we could only drive 30 MPH. The option to pull off the road seemed too hazardous so we all kept going, depending on each other to not make any sudden movements, stop or cross lanes. It was a sensation of being blind and totally synchronized with each other for our own safety. It made me think - how often in life do we have to go along blind - all the while trusting employees, clients, friends or partners to stick together and not make any sudden movements? It worked out great for us on Route 495 today, just a bunch of strangers trusting each other.